After week 1, here are my power rankings for the entire league.
1. San Francisco 49ers; 1-0 – Kaep, Boldin & Vernon showed how good they can be together. Not to mention one of the best defenses in the league.
2. Denver Broncos; 1-0 – Best offense in the NFL, IMO. Just think, 5 games from now this great team gets back one of the best pass rushers in the entire league in Von, SCARY.
3. Seattle Seahawks; 1-0 – Defense held Cam Newton to a career low 163 yards, that’s scary good. Probably the best secondary in the league, solid offense.
4. Houston Texans; 1-0 – 1 half of football they looked like the worst team in the league, 1 they looked like the best, be consistent. Don’t forget, a healthy Ed Reed is on his way back.
5. Atlanta Falcons; 0-1 – Great regular season team, but struggles on the offensive line an issue going forward?
6. New England Patriots; 1-0 – Brady with so many young weapons snuck by Buffalo, let’s see how long they can get by with the weapons they have.
7. Green Bay Packers; 0-1 – Aaron Rodgers and the high powered offense will be just fine, I sometimes worry about there defense outside of names like Matthews and Raji.
8. New Orleans Saints; 1-0 – 5 Sacks, high powered offense, are they becoming more of a balanced team? Sean Peyton’s impact might be the spark they needed.
9. Cincinnati Bengals; 0-1 – Very good defense, weapons everywhere on offense, Cincy will be just fine, depending on the play of Andy Dalton.
10. Indianapolis Colts; 1-0 – The Colts went out and got Andrew Luck some more weapons in Hayward-Bay and Bradshaw, the Colts offense can be very scary.
11. Chicago Bears; 1-0 – 4 new offensive lineman and Cutler did not get sacked week 1. The addition of Martellus Bennett and the Cutler to Marshall threat week in and week out can be deadly.
12. Baltimore Ravens; 0-1 – Wholesale defensive changes also can’t state enough how they just gave Boldin away for a SIXTH round draft pick. Flacco and the Ravens have a lot to prove.
13. Philadelphia Eagles; 1-0 – Chip Kelly’s offense in one word is impressive. The pass rush seemed to show up week one and the secondary was making plays, could be a scary team.
14. Washington Redskins; 0-1 – RG3 looked like RG3 in the 2nd half and Alfred wasn’t putting the ball on the floor as much, but I worry about there defense a little, I don’t see the Super Bowl predictions they were getting, they need to show some more.
15. Dallas Cowboys; 1-0 – New look offense, a lot of dink and dunk passing game. Also, there defense forced 6 turnovers so that might be a big improvement from last season.
16. Detroit Lions; 1-0 – Reggie Bush might be the answer? Some pressure taken off Calvin and Stafford with the addition. Suh needs to keep his head on straight as he just got the highest fine in NFL history due to an in-game incident.
17. New York Giants; 0-1 – Eli had 450 yards, 4 TD’s, 3 WR’s with 100+ yards but 6 turnovers? 2 by David Wilson who was benched after only 7 carries. O-Line and LB’s seem to be big concerns for NYG this year.
18. St. Louis Rams; 1-0 – The new look Rams have a very nice passing attack in Sam Bradford’s year he needs to step up. Jared Cook would have had 3 TD’s if not for the Honey Badger. They can be a nice little team.
19. Miami Dolphins; 1-0 – Already Mike Wallace complaints? Miami wins, he catches 1 ball and complains about his role in the offense, could be trouble.
20. Kansas City Chiefs; 1-0 – Alex Smith played solid in his debut, Charles played decent but the defense had 6 sacks and hit Blaine Gabbert 10 times and held him to 121 yards on 35 pass attempts.
21. Pittsburgh Steelers; 0-1 – Nothing really went right besides Polumalu’s top 10 play. Losing Pouncey on that line could be devastating to a team that’s already having issues with the Running Backs.
22. Tennessee Titans; 1-0 – This is the year Jake Locker must show what he’s made of if he wants to prove he’s a starting QB, 1-0 is a good start.
23. Arizona Cardinals; 0-1 – Carson Palmer is going to be such a big improvement at the QB position and finally Larry Fitz has someone competent throwing him the ball. The explosiveness with Peterson & Tyrann is going to be fun to watch.
24. Carolina Panthers; 0-1 – Cam coming off his worst passing performance of his career, needs to break out of the slump he had last year. At least they didn’t take out any adds claiming to win the Super Bowl this year.
25. Minnesota Vikings; 0-1 – Christian Ponder just isn’t very good, at all. AP is going to see A LOT of 8-9 in the box if he continues to prove he can’t be productive at the QB position.
26. San Diego Chargers; 0-1 – They looked like the best team in football for 1 half and than the wheels fell off. Phillip Rivers continues to show his blemishes in the fourth quarter of games ( Pick 6 to Brian Cushing for the tying score ).
27. New York Jets; 1-0 – The Geno Smith era is upon us. The defense will be solid, as always, but everything lies in the rookies hands. He didn’t look ready in preseason and played a solid game week 1, time will tell about the Jets.
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 0-1 – The Darrelle Revis era started with a loss, even though they should have pulled out the win. Josh Freeman will be under the microscope, this is his make or break year. Especially how he got his captainship voted off by his team.
29. Buffalo Bills; 0-1 – Almost pulled off a W vs. New England and the rook EJ Manuel was impressive in his debut. Buffalo has a nice little team, but they’re very young.
30. Cleveland Browns; 0-1 – The pieces they have gotten in drafts and Free Agency the past few seasons but Brandon Weeden to be blunt, isn’t very good at all.
31. Oakland Raiders; 0-1 – I like the move to Terrell Pryor at starting QB and Darren McFadden is finally healthy out of the backfield they can have a nice little offensive team.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars; 0-1 – The Jags, even with there new helmets, are the bottom feeders of the league. Gabbert is the worst in the NFL, there defense isn’t very good..Tank for Bridgewater. Why not bring in Tebow to help your ticket sales tho?
Week 3 PR’s coming next week. Comment / leave ya opinions!